Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Crawling, crawling, crawling everywhere!

I know it's only been a week since I updated, but I'm doing it anyway :) Alaina has been a crawling maniac ever since she figured out how cool it is. We desperately need to get a baby gate for the kitchen so she'll just stay in one room. We have a door leading upstairs, so that really isn't an issue, although it could be. She has decided that pulling herself up on things is even cooler than crawling- imagine that! She really likes pulling up on my legs because she can grab my pant legs so easily, so I can't sit on the couch with my legs down without being attacked by the critter.
We have had a rough couple of days with teething, but hopefully that will be (temporarily) over soon. She has two teeth coming in at the same time, but they aren't' the bottom middle two. It's the two teeth beside those, so it's pain on both sides of her mouth, not just one. Last night she slept better than she had in a long time, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Today is the Region swim meet for Hunter, so I want to wish everyone luck. Even though we're far away, even Alaina is cheering you on! We got these shirts (thanks mom and dad) for the State meet next Saturday, and my dad is so proud that he came up with the saying on Alaina's: "Hunter Swim Guppy." It is pretty dang cute. I've gotta make sure that I put a bow in her hair that day so everyone will know that she is a girl. She just doesn't have that much hair yet that I can do anything with it, but it's enough that she'll wake up with a bed head :p



Here are a few pictures that I've captured this week, including some of Alaina playing with the new penguin that Grandma Lisa got her for Valentine's Day :)

3 comments:

fish family said...

we can fix that with a cute little bow and hair band :) so glad you posted. thats so great that she is crawling. she is such a cutie.

Hubers said...

So I swear I posted- either that I am just going crazy, which is probably the right thing! Your little girl is darling.. Beautiful little thing! I love crawling.. My little girl is about ready to walk and I can't wait... it's great being a mom huh?!? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me that food storage stuff. My ward says to get prepared but doesn't help us on how to do it! I really am so nervous, and it only gets worse!

jamie said...

just wanted to remind you that march is in a few days, so feel free to update your blog ;0)