Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Summer with the Pehrsons!

I am such a horrible blogger! I should probably have my blog taken away from me since I don't care for it very well. Anyway, I figured that since I had a whole summer's worth of pictures to download off of my camera, it was probably about time to update.
Way back in May, my mom did the Women of Steal Triathlon in American Fork and did awesome! We were able to go and Gram sure was excited to have her little cheerleader there.













Alaina has been growing and learning so much, including falling and hitting her head, climbing, and guitar hero :) She got these big dents in her head from falling into the wood molding we have on our couches.














Alaina also had her 1st birthday in July, and she got so many presents! We actually hid some at home so we can pull them out when some toys start to get old. We had a party for her with the families in SLC and she was absolutely darling! She was dancing and running around and just delightful.
For those of you who aren't familiar with our first birthday tradition, my mom lived in Germany and learned this there. On the child's 1st, you set 3 plates in front of them: one with a piece of cake, one with a book, and one with money. Whichever one the child chooses first determines they're "destiny," if they'll be fat, smart, or rich. Alaina chose the cake, but she didn't grab fist fulls and go crazy- she just pointed at and touched the cake, like she knew she was just supposed to choose one. We did it again on her actual birthday though, and she chose the money, so who knows. :)

Continued on next post....

1 comment:

Nicole Norris said...

Ouch! Love the bumps. It is amazing how tough kids are. Good thing they heal fast.