Tuesday, December 23, 2008

November Post






Ok, so I had to take a bit of a break before getting this next post done. I forgot to mention that we also got family pictures done in October. Our good friend Amanda took them for us and they are so cute, but Alaina was really tired and not in the mood, so we don't have any smiles from her.
We celebrated my birthday in November and it was nice to be able to find a babysitter. We went to our favorite restaurant (whenever you are in Logan you have to go to Le None's. It's the best place ever!!!) and we were able to go to the movie theaters for the first time since before the baby came. Also we were able to set up a blind date with Cory's cousin Brennen and a friend that I work with, Candace. We doubled with them and it was pretty fun. Going out twice in one week without the kid was prettty great though!


We started Alaina on solids the last week of November and it's been an interesting attempt. She's getting lots better, but it's still a pretty messy thing to do. And speaking of messy, my cousin Sara had a bit of a problem with powdered sugar over Thanksgiving while helping in the kitchen :)



The only other thing that happened in November was Thanksgiving and it was so great. We spent it with the Broadhead's this year and I was so excited for all the food! Last year my senses were all messed up from being pregnant so nothing I ate tasted good, but I definately made up for it this year. We played lots of card games with the cousins, especially Nertz (or Blitz or whatever the heck you want to call it), but no Killer Bunnies this year. My Uncle Dan played with Alaina quite a bit, which apparently is a big deal since I was the only other baby, besides his own kids, that he's ever held. My Aunt Holly made me get a picture of it because it is just such a rare thing. And that's about it for November!

2 comments:

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nertz”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

jamie said...

Love it love it love it! I just loving "keeping up" with what you guys are doing and seeing my cute first cousin once removed get so big! (Jared still thinks its weird that I have first cousins in diapers lol)